PDA

View Full Version : OKI 12 i/n Problem

horhif
07-07-2009, 06:43 AM
Hi,

First post on here so thanks to any responders.

I have a Dell Optiplex GX270 with a OKI 12 i/n printer attached (via parallel port.)

I have been trying to print to it (i'm trying to print from MS Publisher) but its just printing rubbish.

I have printed just text to it and it works fine.

I have also printed the MS Publisher document to another printer (attached via USB) and it prints fine.

Anyone got any ideas how to get the OKI printer printing correctly?

thanks

redcow
07-08-2009, 12:12 AM
It sure reads like drivers. What OS are you running?
OKIs website says to use the drivers that came with XP. There are no updates. Actually, OKI has not updated any drivers for any Microsoft OS.

horhif
07-08-2009, 05:20 AM
hi,

thanks for your reply.

ive checked the OKI website. it recommended installing the driver that came with the OS.....so that's what i did.

i have also went into the font folder in Windows.

i printed the 'Arial' font. it only printed the up to size 10, all the larger sizes printed everywher.

its a strange 1, i can print small fonts but no the larger 1's. i've been looking to see if i need to install some type of font pack or something but still haven't found anything.

i also tried converting the document to a pdf to print but again the printing was a mess.

cs_steve
07-08-2009, 02:39 PM
You could try "tricking" the computer by selecting a different OKI driver, a driver intended for a similar printer, and try printing to see if maybe just the particular driver is bad ... I know a lot of HP's drivers for different models are very interchangeable, don't know about OKI...

horhif
07-10-2009, 05:50 AM
i've tried that, still no luck.

thanks for your response anyhow.

cheers