PDA

View Full Version : Lexmark C510

Sylvia
07-02-2009, 05:07 PM
I have a 4 year old C510 that's only gone trough 2 blue cartriges and 2 black cartriges. Back in February I started having serious smearing of cyan, magenta and yellow. When I switch the thing to black and white... it prints just fine. I called Lexmark but of course my warranty had expired. I must say the fellow was nice and sent me free of charge this cartrige. (forget the name but it's a big wide band made of some sort of thick film)

Anyway, cleaned as much as I could and replaced the cartrige and the offending tonar cartriges.... still have smearing... does anyone have a technical spec and maintenance guides in a .pdf file so I can get my electronic techinician hubby to clean and fix this dang thing for me... (If I can pry his freaking face away pokerstars.net)

Thanks very much!
Sylvia

cs_steve
07-06-2009, 04:56 PM
That cartridge they sent you is called the transfer belt assembly ...

If it prints fine when you switch it to black and white, that's pretty conclusive that the problem is with the color toner cartridges...

I would be curious about the brand / quality of the toner cartridges you replaced... I assume it was probably a remanufactured brand rather than the original Lexmark? there are some remanufactured toner brands that are awful, and some brands that are great .... so definitely, faulty toner cartridges can cause smearing ...