PDA

View Full Version : Size of Printed Page changes Why?

orfa jackson
06-11-2009, 12:54 PM
I have the most frustrating problem with my HP 1200 Business Inkjet printer and my i7 Quad processor / 6 gig RAM / high end video card.

It makes me cry. Please help, guys.

I have made covers in Microsoft Office 2007 EXCEL (front cover) and Microsoft Office 2007 PUBLISHER (back cover) for our home DVD movies that I put into a standard CD jewel case. I did all the art work. Then I printed out the covers multiple times and used calipers to measure the front and back covers to a .1mm accuracy. I adjusted the covers in Microsoft Office 2007 EXCEL and Microsoft Office 2007 PUBLISHER until they fit precisely into the jewel case. I print them out once more to recheck the sizing - then I do a SAVE.

All is happy. But - a week later I print out the covers and I am saddened to find that the dimensions have changed! The fronts and backs of the jewel cases no long fit! I - again - go thru the process of using the calipers to re-measure the fronts and backs for the jewel cases down to .1mm. It is a tedious process to change the size in Microsoft Office 2007 EXCEL and Microsoft Office 2007 PUBLISHER. OK. They fit great - again. Next week I print out the front and back covers. I am sad. Because the same happens - they no longer fit and I must re-measure them. This never stops.

Why? Is it my PC? Microsoft Office EXCEL and PUBLISHER? My printer?

Help!

little orfa

Big Al
06-23-2009, 08:31 AM
When you save an MS Office file it also saves the software framework that was with the file when you created it. Sometimes this process gets messed up and the structure you put on the document gets modified.

One trick is when you save a file that has caused problems, highlight the whole file except the last couple of characters and the cursor. Click COPY to save it. PASTE it into a new WORD document and give it a new name. Add the missing characters at the end. If it is a picture just omit the cursor. Save it again, then go back in and check it. If it looks OK print out a test copy and then go and delete the origional file, rename the new copy with the name of your choice if you want to. Hopefully this will help!

Al