PDA

View Full Version : Canon IP300 - no black ink printing

charlie
05-16-2009, 05:57 AM
Hi all,

I've just replaced all the cartridges in my Canon IP3300. The colour ones all print alright (the colours do seem faded but maybe this minor problem links to the larger issue). However, the black doesn't print at all. I've put the old chip into the new cartridge. The printer responds to all computer demands - i.e. it will print a test page and when I tell it to print a standard black and white document it does so - i.e. feeds the paper through but doesn't even try to print the black text. It seems as though the printer doesn't recognise any black data from the PC. Photographs will print out, but again, only with the colour cartridges.

Any thoughts?

I'm running a 2007 laptop on Windows XP. I've installed the latest driver on the laptop. I'm updated all the windows software. I've tried plugging the cable into different USB sockets, to no avail.

redcow
05-16-2009, 09:31 AM
"I've put the old chip into the new cartridge."

Have you thought about installing a new chip on a new cartridge?

cs_steve
05-20-2009, 11:15 PM
If the black was printing ok and color was printing ok with your old cartridges (or at least trying to print) then I would assume the new batch of cartridges you got are all faulty...

are they refilled? is there a warranty of any kind?