PDA

View Full Version : Question My cat got my printer to do a RAM dump, Can someone tell me how she did t

LexyThang
04-15-2009, 08:48 PM
My cat loves to sit on my printer, turn it on, and play with the pages as they come shooting out. She's very good at acting as if she has no idea what all those little buttons are for and as if she surely doesn't have a clue about what's causing those sheets of paper to shoot out while she's sitting on the printer.

This, however, is the first time she's ever produced a RAM dump. I've pushed all the buttons and nothing gives me a RAM dump. Can't find anything on RAM dump in the manual. Didn't find anything with a Google search. Nothing on the Lexmark site and Lexmark techs don't even know what I'm talking about. I'm baffled! Anybody have any idea how she did that? :confused:

Oh, it's a Lexmark X2500

contink
05-27-2009, 07:33 PM
LOL... My cats manage to send off half completed quotes and completely mess up my printers from time to time but sadly I doubt you'll figure that one out unless you think like a cat.

Chances are it's just a case of a button being held down for a set number of seconds and then released. Your cat probably just got lucky...