PDA

View Full Version : Oki B4350 Check Image Drum error message

ImaginaryNumber
03-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Hello all,

On my Oki B4350 printer I am getting error messages "Check Image Drum" and "Drum Missing". Printer goes through start-up okay (RAM check; Initializing; Online Auto; Warm-up). Then the printer tries to drive the drum assembly, and it sounds like there are gears grinding -- maybe? Very difficult to turn the drum assembly manually. Took the whole drum assembly apart, cleaned, tried to relubricate, re-assembled. Still seems to rotate very stiffly (but I've never taken a printer apart, so I don't have anything to compare to), and I still get the error messages.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks
Imaginary Number

redcow
03-13-2009, 12:08 AM
How about replacing the drum?

ImaginaryNumber
03-29-2009, 07:34 AM
Thank you, redcow and lieeeddd, for your suggestion to replace the drum. I had hoped to get ideas about repairing the drum, as the drum-cartridge will cost more to replace ($160-$180) than the printer cost new ($130 on ebay) :(

I think I will take the drum cartridge apart one more time and see if I can figure out why it is binding. If that doesn't help I guess I'll have to start pricing new printers. Got to do my part to "stimulate" the world economy. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your comments