PDA

View Full Version : JETDIRECT 4M plus ip: 0.0.0.0

Gene
02-16-2009, 12:26 PM
My 4M plus was working fine and then suddenly stopped and no computers could connect to it. It has a jetdirect card plugged into my router. Now when I check the IP on the self test page I get: 192.0.0.192.

I tried turning BOOT to NO and then punched in my own ip address and subnet but it would not take so I set BOOT back to YES and initially get 0.0.0.0 for my ip then after waiting a while I get 192.0.0.192. I am at a loss after two days of threads and manuals. Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

cs_steve
02-16-2009, 01:14 PM
If the printer won't hold the IP address you manually entered, and it's not picking up an appropriate IP address through BOOTP from the router, then it's probably time for a replacement JetDirect card ... For that model I would recommend either the JetDirect J2550 (slower speed card) or JetDirect J4100A (faster speed card).

Replacement JetDirect cards are available at : http://www.printertechs.com/jetdirect/jetdirect-gallery.php

BTW if you're having trouble manually programming the card and not sure if you're doing it right: the main trick is to press Enter after each sequence of digits... if your entries are being recognized/saved, an asterisk will appear onscreen as you press Enter after each set of digits...

redcow
02-16-2009, 11:59 PM
Are the green lites flashing on the JetDirect?
What is on the 2nd page of the Config Pages. Mainly where it says "JetDirect Configuration" I/O card xxxxxx

Big Al
02-17-2009, 07:53 AM
The 4M is a version of the 4+/5N series and uses the big Jet Direct card, the J2550-xxxxx series. No lights on these. Only one page of fine print gets printed on a test page. Might try reseating the card. These cards are pretty robust but they do fail.

Al