PDA

View Full Version : Printer ejects out a blank page

ccooper1971
02-09-2009, 05:04 PM
:confused: I have a HP psc 2110xi all in one printer. It stopped printing from my computer it just ejects out a blank page.

I am running Xp sp3.
The printer will not print a test page from printer properties just blank but if you use the HP toolbox or from the printer control panel it prints the test page just fine.
The printer is shared on my home network and from the other two computers XP and Vista it prints just fine.
It says it low on black ink but the pages form the network computers looks fine?

What I have tried so far is.
Uninstalled the printer and driver (went to printer and faxes server properties and removed all HP drivers)

Uninstall all HP software from Add and Remove programs

Ran CCleaner after that and shut down computer also.

Tried the CD that came with the printer and Downloaded updated Driver and software. So I have done the above steps more than once? Still no luck?
Also tried the setting to print directly to the printer.

Any help would be appreciated

prntrfxr
02-10-2009, 10:02 AM
ok...your message was a little confusing, so let me make sure I got it right. You have a home network with 3 PC's, 2 running XP and 1 running Vista. When you print from the other 2 it works, but from your pc it doesnt. It prints from the control panel and from HP toolbox.

1. If it prints from control panel - printer is functional
2. If it is printing from the other 2 computers - printer is communicating correctly and network established correctly.
3. If it is printing to HP Toolbox on your pc it is likely set up correctly

my guess (and thats what this is) is that you have a software conflict between the driver and other software, wrong driver, problem with your driver, or problem with your pc. Is the driver the same as what is being run on the other 2. When you removed the driver, did you uninstall it, remove it completely, and reboot the pc? Maybe you have part of a corrupted driver in with the new driver. Have you had any other drivers installed on that pc? I once had a problem with an Epson driver conflicting with an HP driver. Do you have pcl6 driver or pcl5? IF you have pcl6, try downgrading to pcl5.

ccooper1971
02-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Yes your right about the set up the other two computer got the driver when they connected to the network so I am guessing they all have the same driver. The computer that is directly connected does not print.

I have another printer on this computer a samsung laser printer. What was on first and both printers were working at the same time, just the HP stopped printing one day.

I removed the Samsung and HP printer and drivers from the printer and faxes folder- file server properties - and then ran ccleaner and computer rebooted.

I used drivers that came with the printer and download updated drivers form HP both did not work.

I do not think I have any pl6 drivers. Listed driver are hp psc 2100 series, logmein Printer driver, Microsoft XPS Document Writer, PDF995 print driver, samsung ML-1200 Series, Universal Document Converter.

prntrfxr
02-10-2009, 10:53 AM
by the way to remove a driver in XP:

Click Start, and then click Printers and Faxes.
On the File menu, click Server Properties.
On the Drivers tab, click the printer driver that you want to delete, and then click Remove.

ccooper1971
02-10-2009, 12:22 PM
That is how I did it.