PDA

View Full Version : hp 720c deskjet oldie but goodie refill problem??

delgirljuz
01-13-2009, 05:42 PM
hi there
i have a hp deskjet 720c printer.i have had it 10 years now but the cartridges are expensive.i have actually refilled a couple of them but i cannot get it to recognise the yellow ink.please can anyone tell me if i have missed something.any help would be greatly appreciated.thank you.julie

Big Al
01-16-2009, 01:44 PM
Long time since I worked on one of these. Try cleaning the contacts on the cartridge with a soft pencil erasser then wipe them with a clean cloth dampened with alcohol. Do the same to the contacts in the printer where the cartridge plugs into. Be sure the printer is unplugged!

Sometimes the small foils that wrap around the bottom end of the cartridge get damaged. Look closely at these.

The other possibility is that there is something wrong with the printer. Only way to tell would be to buy a new cartridge or find some way to get your cartridge tested in another printer.

Al

T_Monta
01-27-2009, 01:21 PM
I agree with Al's suggestions. I would also like to share the findings of an ink study. QualityLogic, one of the world's foremost quality assurance organizations, recently tested the performance of HP inkjet print cartridges vs. remanufactured (refilled) brands.

The results: original HP inkjet print cartridges far surpassed ink refills in both print quality and reliability.
- Nearly one out of every six refilled ink cartridges tested was dead on arrival or failed prematurely
- 70% of refilled cartridges had some form of reliability problem

HP ink is more expensive, but if image quality and reliability are important, then HP ink is your best bet.

Be well,
Trent

* Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.