PDA

View Full Version : Laserjet 2200(c7063a) Status code 50003

lebrown
02-07-2005, 10:59 AM
I have a laserjet 2200 with a jetdirect card that will stop after 30 or 40 pages and will not continue. The status log on the self test indicates and error code of "50003". I have been unable to find the explanation of this error any where. I am hoping that you good folks can help me out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have done cold resets and every thing I can think of. Thanks in advance Lee

Brian
02-08-2005, 02:47 AM
Did you try to re-seat the card?
Does the card show up on the configuration page (before and ofter it stops printing)?

The is a fair chance that the card needs replacing.

lebrown
02-09-2005, 02:57 PM
Thanks Brian, I now have this printer in the office and am using it via network wizard and it has yet to fail. I will try your suggestion when it fails. At the school where it lives, it is running via Novell Iprint. I will keep it here for a week or so and see what happens and use your suggestions.

Thanks

Lebrown

Suke
02-16-2005, 03:25 AM
Hi

i'v got that same error code, but symptoms are different, not related to Jetdirect card. Printer won´t start printing, motor itself won´s budge. Pickup solenoid clicks as it is susposed to, but there is no movement within gears ?
When starting a print job and at the same time giving main motor manually a little push printer starts printing normally, but when next print job comes... same thing happens again.. Main motor wont work.
Could that code 50003 point to main motor ?

TimeShadow
11-14-2005, 06:50 PM
I tend to have the same problem with the clicks and status log code 50003. Any suggestions on cause and fix?

goldwell
10-03-2006, 02:26 PM
The error 50003 is a fuser. It was an addendum added by HP later. Here is HP's official document on the issue. Hope this helps.

HP LaserJet 2200 Series Printers - Fatal Error Displays Error 50003 in the Status Log

ISSUE: When powered on and printing, the product goes into a fatal error state with all three LEDs on.

SOLUTION: Turn the printer off, then back on to enable the self-test configuration page to print. If the printer does not immediately return to the ready state after power cycling the unit, wait 15 minutes and then try to power cycle the unit a second time. Verify that the self-test configuration page has one or more entries specifying a 50003 error code in the status log. If the error occurs, replace the fuser with service part number RG5-5559-100CN (110v) or RG5-5569-100CN (220v).