PDA

View Full Version : 4250 and tray 1 issue

GeoGoGo
12-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Hi All,

I am working at my local hospital and I have run into an issue with one of the 4250.

One printer went down (another 4250) and I swapped out this particular 4250. The issue is that it is always pulling from tray 1. No matter what the settings say on the machine, it always pulls from tray 1.

If I put the original printer back, aside from the terrible grinding of the swing plate, it pulls from tray 2 normally.

I have turned off the manual paper feed and that does not work. I have checked all the paper size settings in the control panel and the tray as well. I've swapped out a new tray 2 with no effect and replaced the MFP tray as well. That had no effect either.

I am just at a loss of where to go with this machine. I have never seen anything like it before and feel like I am beating my head into a wall. Any information, ideas, or opinons are appreciated.

Thank you all for the time.

George D.

redcow
12-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Print a menu map from both printers. Compare the settings of each.
You know that the noisy printer works(except for the noise)
Start there and report back.
You could replace the swing plate.

GeoGoGo
12-11-2008, 07:55 AM
Red,

I have already compared the settings and they are identical. Waiting on a PO for the swing plate so I am at am impasse again. Thanks for the idea; I appreciate it,

redcow
12-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Just for grins....check tray 1s paper path. I seem to recall encountering that problem when the tray 1 paper flag is jammed.

GeoGoGo
12-11-2008, 05:57 PM
I have already checked it out. The path is clear and the senso looks fine. I even swapped the entire tray 1 assembly.

Very frustrating.

redcow
12-11-2008, 11:20 PM
OK, my last foray into this problem. Swap the formatters between the two printers.

mixmaster
12-12-2008, 01:07 PM
I want to make sure that tray 1 is the MP tray/fold out tray when you stick envelopes, transparencies and the like. Is this right?

If so, if you have NOTHING in tray 1 when you try to print from a pc, does the MP tray mechanism still try to pull paper? Or does the printer tell you to "Load Letter MP Tray/Tray 1"?

You can even try this with a paper path test pulling from tray 1 if you want. If the rollers try to grab a piece of paper, the printer "thinks" there's paper loaded because of a bad sensor (not necessarily the sensor flag is stuck).

If that's the case, change the tray 1 paper size and type to something else like "COMM10" and "Envelope". That way, when the print job hits the formatter requesting a letter sized document, it will pull from the appropriate tray.

GeoGoGo
12-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Yes Mix, we are on the same page. It is the MFP envelope feeder what we are talking about. When the tray is empty says to load tray 1 or press check to use another tray.

I am going to give this all a shot on Monday. Thanks everyone and I'll let you know what I find out. Have a great weekend.