PDA

View Full Version : Hp psc 2410 Paper Jam

garwatts
10-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Giving a paper jam error. Have removed all the paper, rollers are clean. Have tried resetting, removing power etc but still keep getting false paper jam message. Any ideas please?

prntrfxr
10-21-2008, 01:32 PM
When you power it up does it go through p.o.s.t or does go directly to the error?
Does the carriage move at all?

garwatts
10-21-2008, 04:44 PM
When you power it up does it go through p.o.s.t or does go directly to the error?

Excuse my ignorance but not sure what p.o.s.t is? When I power up it appears to go thru its various checks OK then I get the error message.

Does the carriage move at all?

If that is the part that carries the ink cartridges then yes it does, however when lifting the cover to access the cartridges they don't 'park' automatically on the right side.

redcow
10-22-2008, 01:05 AM
Focus, like a laser beam. This is very important, Did you have a paper jam right before all this started?

"POST" power on self test

garwatts
10-22-2008, 05:33 AM
Sorry to be fuzzy but I am trying to resolve this for my 84 year old uncle and he can't remember if he had a paper jam right before or not.

prntrfxr
10-22-2008, 07:56 AM
Basically you have not given us enough information to help you. we are not in front of the printer and many different things cause paper jamming. try to answer these question in this order, so we can diagnose where the problem is originating:

when you turn on the machine, do you hear the motor running?
does the carriage (the part that holds the cartridge) move left and right?
does the carriage move and then stop? if it does, where?
are there unusual noises? grinding, etc..
does it come to a ready to print state and only jam after you try to print something? or does it go straight to the jam error?
with the machine off, can you move the carriage?

It is highly probable you will not be able to fix it yourself. There are some things you can do, but most will require a tech. It is also posible that it will be cheaper to buy another one. I just want you to know this before we begin. We may not find the exact problem for you, but at least tell you which one of the 3 options you are better off doing.

garwatts
10-24-2008, 08:56 AM
Basically you have not given us enough information to help you. we are not in front of the printer and many different things cause paper jamming. try to answer these question in this order, so we can diagnose where the problem is originating:

when you turn on the machine, do you hear the motor running?

Yes

does the carriage (the part that holds the cartridge) move left and right?

Seems to move to the left only.

does the carriage move and then stop? if it does, where?

Yes at the far left hand side.

are there unusual noises? grinding, etc..

No

does it come to a ready to print state and only jam after you try to print something? or does it go straight to the jam error?

Goes thru the self test 1st then straight to the Paper Jam error.

with the machine off, can you move the carriage?

Yes

It is highly probable you will not be able to fix it yourself. There are some things you can do, but most will require a tech. It is also posible that it will be cheaper to buy another one. I just want you to know this before we begin. We may not find the exact problem for you, but at least tell you which one of the 3 options you are better off doing.

Thanks for your help in this

garwatts
10-28-2008, 07:32 PM
No suggestions then?