PDA

View Full Version : HP CLJ 4650DTN tearing paper in duplex

MicroMan
09-19-2008, 11:48 AM
OK, we have a HP CLJ 4650DTN here at work. Whenever we use the duplexer it rips or folds over the top of the page. What happends is it will print the first side fine, then pull hte paper back into the unit and when it comes out it rips. Sometimes the paper gets jamed on the back side of the duplexer.
We have replaced the Transfer Kit, and tried 2 diffrent fusers.

Any thoughts?

Pics of the damage.
http://server3.uploadit.org/files/MicroMan-IMG_5962.JPG

http://server3.uploadit.org/files/MicroMan-IMG_5961.JPG

-Scott

MichaelTech
09-19-2008, 03:22 PM
There may be a piece of label stuck in the chute, or the chute is
broken/mis-aligned. If under warrenty, get a new duplexer.

prntrfxr
09-22-2008, 10:33 AM
The paper tray, p/u assembly and transfer assembly work in tandem to duplex. Remove and check the p/u assembly for paper guide damage. If its your problem, replace it RG5-7453.

redcow
09-23-2008, 12:29 AM
Take the duplexer apart. MikeTech is definitely in the ballpark. You've changed everything except the problem piece.

prntrfxr
09-23-2008, 09:24 AM
We have replaced the Transfer Kit, and tried 2 diffrent fusers.

FYI the duplex unit is the back of the transfer belt on the 4650. If he replaced that, it's got to be something else. That is why I suggested the p/u asm as a possibility. I rebuild them and we get a lot of them with broken paper turn guides which work in tandem with the duplex unit to turn the paper. I could be wrong, but it is something to check.

You wont be able to see that it is broken from the top. you will have to remove it and turn it over to inspect it. in the middle of the reverse side there are 2 guides that are attached together and it is the only part on it secured with a gold screw. one of the guides should move freely and the other one should be fixed. If one or both is damaged or missing they can be replaced. If the registration roller is worn, replace the whole unit (trust me its easier). If the roller is good, you can replace the broken guides. The difficult part is putting the 2 guides together correctly, it slides in from the side and there is only 1 screw. Make sure before you reinstall the p/u asm that the large flag and the smaller flag in the back hasn't come out of position and that the spring on the side is in place.

RG5-7453 p/u asm
RB2-8306 Junction Guide
RB2-8303 P/U swing guide

MicroMan
12-03-2008, 03:51 PM
FYI the duplex unit is the back of the transfer belt on the 4650. If he replaced that, it's got to be something else. That is why I suggested the p/u asm as a possibility. I rebuild them and we get a lot of them with broken paper turn guides which work in tandem with the duplex unit to turn the paper. I could be wrong, but it is something to check.

You wont be able to see that it is broken from the top. you will have to remove it and turn it over to inspect it. in the middle of the reverse side there are 2 guides that are attached together and it is the only part on it secured with a gold screw. one of the guides should move freely and the other one should be fixed. If one or both is damaged or missing they can be replaced. If the registration roller is worn, replace the whole unit (trust me its easier). If the roller is good, you can replace the broken guides. The difficult part is putting the 2 guides together correctly, it slides in from the side and there is only 1 screw. Make sure before you reinstall the p/u asm that the large flag and the smaller flag in the back hasn't come out of position and that the spring on the side is in place.

RG5-7453 p/u asm
RB2-8306 Junction Guide
RB2-8303 P/U swing guide

Hey I finally got some time to take a look at this printer. Yes I found damage on the PU asm!

Thank you so much for the help.