PDA

View Full Version : Help! Canon pixma ip1500 won't print!

miaoling
09-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Hello all,

Too bad my intro post is a call for help. I have a Canon Pixma iP1500 printer and a Win XP laptop. I got the printer off someone else before the summer, and it sat around in dorm storage all summer, which is probably why it now refuses to work. This is the first printer I ever had so my knowledge of problems and jargon is severely limited. Basically I replaced the black ink (didn't buy colored ink) and it clicked into place all right. But when I printed something, the sheet comes out blank, with a few very faint streaks of ink. I did cleaning, deep cleaning, print head alignment (whatever that is) and nozzle check. The pattern print test, of course, failed, because the same faint streaks came out. I have to mention that I'm using generic ink cartridges (you probably figured out by now that I'm a cheapass). I've tried another cartridge but no luck. So there you have it: cheap printer of dubious origin running off cheap ink printing nothing but streaks. Does anyone have suggestions, ideas, hints, solutions, etc. because as I said this is my first printer ever and I was so excited not to have to run to the library for the merest one-page paper? Thanks a million!