PDA

View Full Version : Kyoreca FS-1020D

happykyocera
08-06-2008, 07:12 AM
I have been given a faulty FS-1020D, the printer powers up fine but shows an error on the status lights. Looking at the manual this looks to be a fuser error. However I have been trying to acess the printer via its web interface (it has network card fitted IB21E) and I get errors here too:

The network can see the printer – its listed on the router info page
The network card has been reset – by moving the jumper as directed in the manual
On power up entering the router IP will get to the printers home page BUT from what I can see only elements of the page load.
Subsequent attempts to connect to the printer via its IP fail. Powering the printer off and on again allow the home page to partly reload.

I don’t mind spending some ££ on this unit, it’ better then the current laser but obviously its not worth a lot and I would like to be a little more sure as to what the fault is before I buy parts. I wanted to get into the printers web interface and also use the Kyocera viewing tool to see if any further errors are listed or if additional fault info was available. I could also chack its page count before buying parts.

Any body got any opinion/comment/suggestion on this?

cs_steve
08-07-2008, 12:53 PM
"from what I can see only elements of the page load."

First suggestion would be to make sure you have a compatible version of JavaScript & Web browser, whatever is required to view the interface page...
some network interfaces won't run correctly in lesser-supported browsers like Mozilla Firefox, etc.

Second ... replacement parts like fusers are going to be expensive for this model, and if the fuser has failed, chances are the other maintenance kit parts also need to be replaced. Depending on how comfortable you are performing maintenance, add some possibly extensive labor time and research time into the mix. Personally I would not put the time & research into this machine ... I would get an HP printer because it is more widely supported, troubleshooting documentation is more widely available and maintenance kit parts are cheaper ...