PDA

View Full Version : Problem adding HP LaserJet 3500 printer using print server en3700

daraii
07-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Hi,

I have a HP LaserJet 3500 printer using print server en3700 in my office and apparently I'm the only one having this kind of problems; when I try to add the network printer using the Add a Printer wizard it never finds the printer. I've tried everything I know of to add the printer but I'm unable. Other computers in the office have been able to find it using the wizard.

Someone can help on this?

thank you

james.henry1@dhs.gov
07-16-2008, 10:00 AM
Have the driver available, either from the HP CD or from their support website:
http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Lookup?h_lang=en&h_cc=us&cc=us&h_page=hpcom&lang=en&h_client=S-A-R163-1&h_pagetype=s-002&h_query=color+laserjet+3500&submit.x=3&submit.y=7

On the en3700 print server - hold down the small button for about 5 seconds. This will generate 3 pages of text. You will find the printers IP address on one of those pages.

In the add printer wizard, choose local printer attached to this computer" and uncheck the "automatically detect plug & play". Choose "next". Click the "create a new port" radio button, Choose the "standard TCP/IP port" from the drop down box. Next enter the IP address and accept the defaults (share, default printer, test page, etc.
Install the driver when requested. This should load your printer for you.