PDA

View Full Version : HP5 Ivisible Paper Jam

BOOFER7
07-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Hi guys,

I just bought a complete rebuild kit for my HP5 including the fuser. Here's my delimma.

I send something to print, the paper makes it all the way through the printer up until the paper exits about an inch out of the fuser. Then it tells me I have a paper jam. I totally took the printer apart and couldnt find anything stuck anywhere. The fuser looked fine and all through the body of the printer looked clean and unjammed. All of the pickup rollers looked clean. So I reassembled it, and boom same exact problem.

Now for the back story. My wife had just recently made some self stick labels and they got jammed up in the upper rollers. After I cleared them out, then I started getting this problem.

My IT eng. at work told me to just replace the fuser & do the maint kit. So I bit the bullet and sprung for it.

My fear is that after I do the maintenance, that it will still be the same way.

I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts. I have 3 other laserjets so I'm not hurting, but I love this printer and and I dont want to part with it.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

John

prntrfxr
07-11-2008, 09:19 AM
It is likely that the paper flag (sensor actuator) at the rear left of the fuser when you open the door is out of position, bent, or damaged if there is no label on the roller. Make sure that it moves freely. A new fuser should fix the problem as labels can cause a problem. The fuser is the easiest thing to replace on that machine. just make sure the fuser is seated properly (there are little pins on the printer that fit in holes on the fuser frame to help you) and secure with the 2 screws.

Let me know if this helps you or if I can help you with anything else.

Here is a link to installation instructions:

http://www.printertechs.com/tech/mkinst/mk-ex-fuser.php

ty cobb
07-12-2008, 05:45 AM
if youll found no failure on the fuser.. please check the sensor on the registration assembly.check the torsion spring if it is properly attached in the sensor.

ty cobb
07-12-2008, 05:46 AM
if youll found no failure on the fuser.. please check the sensor on the registration assembly.check the torsion spring if it is properly attached in the sensor

BOOFER7
07-13-2008, 08:21 AM
Thank you very much for your replies. They've reinforced my confidence in the decision to buy the new fuser.

My friends have said "Just buy a new printer" but I knew I could fix this one.

Besides I have about 11 toner cartriges left for it so it kinda makes sense to repair it :)

I bought it at a company close out sale about 8 years ago and they gave me all the toner cartriges along with an HP6 so I cant argue :D

Thanks again guys,

John

BOOFER7
07-13-2008, 08:23 AM
if youll found no failure on the fuser.. please check the sensor on the registration assembly.check the torsion spring if it is properly attached in the sensor

Ty not quite sure what you mean by "registration assy" or the spring. Can you elaborate?

ptjeff1
07-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Also check the coupling gear that drivers the fuser. Remove the fuser; it is on the lower left side as you face the back of the printer. Rotate the gear to make sure there aren't any missing teeth.