PDA

View Full Version : Page Count HP 4100mfp

appliedtechnologies
06-28-2008, 02:21 PM
Hi

First of all I searched the board for this answer but didn't discover it.

I would like to find out the page count on my HP 4100mfp and also reset it if possible

Thanks in advance for all your help

S

Manuals
06-28-2008, 05:51 PM
You can run a config page on the information menu. The page count will be there. Why would you want to reset it? (you cannot)

Paul@justmanuals.com

redcow
06-29-2008, 12:49 AM
Go into Service Mode.
Like Manual says, WHY?

Manuals
06-29-2008, 09:32 AM
You don't need to be in service mode to get the page count. Just tap the 'menu' key until 'information' comes up, then print the config page.

Paul@justmanuals.com

Michael- Why what?

appliedtechnologies
06-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Thank you for your help.

It says Total printer page count is 1981. That seems low but HP would never lie to me...right?

redcow
06-30-2008, 12:42 AM
Right HP doesn't lie. However, you can zero the count in service mode, like I mentioned before.

cs_steve
07-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Page counts can be reset on almost all HP machines -- that's why it's not wise to simply "trust" what an EBayer/seller says about their printer's page count ...

"Low page count" really means nothing since the page count can be reset!

The only way to really be sure about the condition of a used printer is with a visual inspection of the printer's components (and you need to know what you're looking at)...

If you're not sure about something, don't buy a "used printer with low page count", buy a "refurbished" printer where the moving parts have been replaced with new parts...then the page count doesn't matter.

prntrfxr
07-02-2008, 11:02 AM
not only that, but a refurb house could have bought core printers sight unseen. You have to be able to change the page count to put all the information from the original config page into the new formatter. If the formatters are defective a config page could not be printed. A new formatter could have been installed and then the machine used for a small amount of time. The page count information is going to be in the formatter, so how many pages the printer actually had is unknown, unverifiable and therefore irrelavent. I agree with cs_steve, visual exam is the best tell.