PDA

View Full Version : HP Photosmart 7850

zamy
05-23-2008, 05:15 PM
After installing HP Photosmart 7850 on my Windows XP Home (sp2) system I cannot print anything.
The installation was fine without any issues, The printer has been picked up fine and it printed a test page. I went to print anything after this and it shows the job in the print queue then the job disappears but the page doesnt even go through the printer. The printer does not respond at all. The job comes then goes in the print queue. I have no software that would really stop this and the spooler service is fine. The printer is on and ready in the printers box.
I reinstalled the software and it still does the same thing. I checked for any previous versions of any printers but there werent any. I am stumped, completely! The printer is on, no lights are flashing or anything like that. The test page states that it has printed fine. I have tried the printer in mny laptop and it works fine. Any ideas anybody?

cs_steve
05-30-2008, 11:23 AM
I would recommend deleting your current printer from your Control Panel, Printers & Faxes ... then reinstall the printer with this method:
Go to HP.com, search for your printer model under the "Download Drivers & Software" section of their web site. .. choose the correct operating system, and download the corresponding driver...

For more info on drivers: http://www.printertechs.com/tech/tutorials/drivers/installdrivers1.php