PDA

View Full Version : 8150n duplexer problem...

DavidM
05-13-2008, 02:36 PM
I've got an LJ 8150n that keeps jamming when the paper comes out of the fuser. The paper is getting to the duplexer but not going through as it's supposed to (this is the first time through, after writing on the back side of the page). The paper is supposed to go down through the duplexer, under tray three and then get pulled back up through the duplexer and back to the image procesor (drum etc). I've pulled the duplexer out and tried it in another 8150n without any problems. I then swapped the left side printer door (the one with the diverter) and that didn't fix the problem either. The printer works fine without the duplexer in it and it will send printouts to either the face down bin or the face up bin. When I put the duplexer in and power up the printer it sees the duplexer and shows it in on the config page too. By the way the error I'm getting is 13.1. I'm thinking that there is a power problem somewhere before the duplexer? Any help would be appreciated.

David

cs_steve
05-13-2008, 08:58 PM
Try swapping the fuser from your other machine...
I think you'll find your problem lies there...

redcow
05-14-2008, 12:33 AM
What tray are you printing from?
Do you get the failure from all trays?
The 13.1 has nothing to do with power before the duplexer, after the duplexer or in the duplexer. It's most likely a false paper jam.
What's the mileage on this printer? When was the last PM?

DavidM
05-14-2008, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the suggestions.
I'm curious as to why you think the problem may be the fuser? The paper comming out of the fuser has the back side printed and fused fine. The paper is crumpling up at the input to the duplexer.
I installed a maintenance kit in this printer about a month ago and it currently has printed almost 7000 pages since then.
I really don't know why I even mentioned the 13.1 error, it's just a timing error telling me the paper didn't get there in time.

David

DavidM
05-14-2008, 10:34 AM
One other thing I forgot to mention...
The paper jam occurs when trying to print from either tray two (letter), or tray three (legal). It also occurs when you try to run the calibration/ alignment test on the duplexer for both types of paper.

David

ptjeff1
05-14-2008, 12:24 PM
Does the problem only occur with multi-page print jobs? Can you get it to work with single page (duplexed) jobs?

DavidM
05-14-2008, 02:04 PM
It doesn't matter whether I do single or multiple page duplexed jobs and, as I said, even running the alignment test from the LCD screen; nothing is getting through the duplexer. However single sided jobs print fine.

David

cs_steve
05-14-2008, 09:42 PM
The reason I suggested fuser: I have seen this before ... fuser was the culprit ... !
If you have an extra fuser , try it...can't hurt--hope it helps.

redcow
05-15-2008, 12:46 AM
Why don't you get together with Breda and swap duplexers?

prntrfxr
05-15-2008, 08:26 AM
i've seen this problem be fuser before and one time the lvps. one time it was PIU (PIU frame was bent and duplex unit didn't seat properly).

DavidM
05-15-2008, 01:43 PM
Thanks to all for your suggestions, unfortunately I'm going to have to but this on hold till after Memorial Day because my wife and I are going to visit her sister for a week. I've ordered another maintenance kit, so it should be here when I get back. I'll try the fuser then and let you all know the result. One other thing I did try: I found anothter 8150 on another floor that had a duplexer in it, swapped them, and the duplexer from the 'sick' 8150 worked fine, but the known good duplexer got the same result in the broke 8150.
Thank you all for your suggestions, I'll let you know how it goes when I get back!

David

DavidM
05-29-2008, 01:33 PM
Hello everyone! I'm back from vacation and dead tired! My wife and her sister drug me in and out of every store from Atlantic City to Philadelphia to New York! Oh well, at least it was nice and cool!
I grabbed a new fuser and installed it and the printer is working fine! How the devil can a fuser affect the duplexer? Only thing I can think of is that it's not letting the paper go fast enough, or easily enough, and the sensor is timing out saying there is a paper jam?
I really appreciate all the suggestions.

Thanks again,
David Milsop