PDA

View Full Version : paper for ink printer in laser printer. is it a problem?

tab667
04-09-2008, 04:36 PM
hey guys, i have a quick question i just bought a hp laser printer and the problem is that my catridges are getting empty so fast. i mean you wouldnt believe, i got it for a month and i just came back from the store with the third set of cadriges. i have tons of paper for ink printer from work so im using it on the laser printer, is this a problem? if i buy a paper for a laser printer would i be able to print a lot more? thanks for your time.

MichaelTech
04-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Depends on your print jobs. Lot of coverage?
The paper will be fine, as it is just better to soak up the ink. Laser toner is not wet, so no worry there. Sure toner is HP? Remandered ones are tricky.
Check batch codes with HP.

redcow
04-10-2008, 01:13 AM
What printer do you have? and what's the page count per cartridge change?

Why are you changing cartridges?

Are you printing all black pages?
There's no way to go through 3 cartridges in a month, with normal printing.

allen6368
04-10-2008, 01:30 AM
Hi...

Are you getting along with a lot of Print job... or is their a lot of graphic involved in your print... certain things might play along a part in the no of pages being printed... Plz try to specify the exact print work you are with so.. that the situation can be accessed... and help be provided in the accordance

tab667
04-10-2008, 04:15 PM
yea i dont print that much. just stuff for work. maybe like 2 pictures and some text. i have a hp c7180.

redcow
04-11-2008, 12:52 AM
Let's get your story straight.

"i just bought a hp laser printer and the problem is that my catridges are getting empty so fast. i mean you wouldnt believe, i got it for a month and i just came back from the store with the third set of cadriges."

A C7150 isn't a laser printer.

allen6368
04-11-2008, 04:53 AM
Let's get your story straight.

"i just bought a hp laser printer and the problem is that my catridges are getting empty so fast. i mean you wouldnt believe, i got it for a month and i just came back from the store with the third set of cadriges."

A C7150 isn't a laser printer.

Hi RedCow...

I think you just got a bit altered in a sense to get the story straight...
It is C7180......... Not C7150 .... loll...!!!! :)

So the best part would be that just try to provide a bit of solution rather than making the story straight My Dear

pacmanfan
04-11-2008, 03:42 PM
redcow's point still stands... The C7180 is an inkjet, too!

cs_steve
04-12-2008, 12:11 AM
I assume the printer is informing you that your cartridges are empty, and that when you pick up the cartridges and shake them you hear nothing and they feel empty--that confirms the ink has just been used up.

A Color Inkjet, esp. an inkjet that is regularly used for printing pictures, will go through ink very quickly...

This is a cost you'll have to factor in when using the printer -- the consumables will go quickly...
BTW if you're printing for work hopefully they are reimbursing for the cost of ink!

redcow
04-12-2008, 12:45 AM
Hey Jerk...get your story straight. Either Tab667 bought an HP laser printer or he didn't.
He starts of by saying he got and HP laser printer and has gone through 3 cartridges in a month. Then Tab says that he has tons of paper for his ink printer at work, will this work on the laser printer? Now even a mensa like Allen6368 would conclude that Tab has a laser printer.
When asked which laser printer, Tab responds with C7180!
So I made a typo, and HI IQ Allen jumps all over it.
Like Pacmanfan says ...they are both injets. And I'm still not sure what kind of printer he's using.

There isn't a printer made that will go through 3 sets of cartridges(or toner) in a month just printing 2 pictures and "some" text.
The ink or the toner has to be going somewhere.

MichaelTech
04-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Exactly!, Redcow. He stated that he had inkjet paper, and could it be used in a laser printer. He did not state what printer he had, so arguing whether it is one model of inkjet or another is moot.
The answer here is: Yes, the paper can be used.:cool: