PDA

View Full Version : LexMark Vista Drivers (2380 Plus)

littlelynell
03-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Somewhere on the wonderful internet, I found a suggested driver to use to make a LexMark 2380 Plus run on Vista. Of course, my bookmark is now gone. I think it was a hp driver. The 2380 Plus is a printer our business uses for labels. Works perfectly but the old computer is dying -- had to purchase new. Software (mailing list & A/R) is DOS, bought a parallel to usb adapter - that appears to work. Now I can no longer locate a driver to make this baby hum again. Running out of time and really don't want to have to purchase a new label printer. CAN ANYBODY HELP?????

Thanks in advance!

MichaelTech
03-25-2008, 09:38 AM
Dos is Dead! You are trying to marry old tech with new, and you will just have to come up to the future with the rest of us.
Seriously, you can beat a dead horse, but it won't run!
Surely your business can budget for an upgrade. Cut out the latte's , and the donuts/bagels, and think about this. You want what is now, using what is past. That dog don't hunt. Sorry if I sound rude, but you can't have low-tech with high-tech.

littlelynell
03-27-2008, 10:23 AM
The computer and printer "talk" so the dead horse does run. It just runs on the wrong race track. While I would love to update everything to the year 2008, right now we're having to do it piece by piece. The problem is our program (very specific to our business) prints to continuous feed labels and finding a driver that has the labels as an option is tough.

Thanks for your enlightening and useful response.

MichaelTech
03-28-2008, 09:30 AM
Sorry,just trying a little humor on a trying day.
You might have to put the driver in your program manually. This can be tough to do, but Vista is not a stable O/S because of the driver issue.
HP should have addressed this and provided an adaptable solution.
Try the universal driver to put in your DOS program. It is not as invasive.
Again, sorry. Michael