PDA

View Full Version : !HELP PLEASE! HP 9650 making my computer SLOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

scsurveyor2318
03-13-2008, 12:49 PM
I bought a new HP 9650 about 2 years ago and it worked perfect. Then I upgraded to a better computer. After installing the driver and eveything else I started printing. Now when I print my CPU Usage shoots up to 100% and the computer it unusable until the print is complete. I print 20-30 documbents a day sometimes up to 100-200 so for this to happen really slows my day to a crawl. PLEASE HELP!!!!!:confused:

cs_steve
03-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Something is wrong with the driver--it may be an incorrect driver or a corrupted ...I would delete the printer from your list of printers in the Control Panel, go back to HP.com and make sure you download the driver that matches your exact model printer and make sure it also matches your exact operating system...
(You said you just bought a new computer--perhaps you've just upgraded to Vista? I've been seeing a lot of driver problems with Vista ... If you have Vista, I would first try re-installing the correct driver again, making sure it matches your model printer and your version of Windows... If this does not help and you have Vista, secondly I would try your printer with an older computer / older version of Windows and confirm that it works fine with XP or some other Windows... in that case, Vista is the problem... you might have to conclude the printer driver is not compatible with Vista & have to get a different printer, or if the printer is worth it to you, install the "older but better" operating system, XP)

redcow
03-15-2008, 01:43 AM
What is your OS?

If it is Vista, your printer is not supported.

scsurveyor2318
03-25-2008, 09:07 AM
I dont have vista. It is just slow. I have already deleted it from my computer and gone back to hp and downloaded the exact driver but it is still having the same problems.

redcow
03-26-2008, 12:51 AM
Are you using USB or parallel?

If USB try putting a parallel cable on it or vice versa. See if things change.
How's your hard drive? I've seen drives that are close to full or badly fragmented causing slow downs. Just a thought.

MichaelTech
03-26-2008, 09:30 AM
How much memory? The printer does not have much, and requires the host to support it. If the jobs are very complex, or PDF's, then it could be the reason. Add memory to the computer. Lot's.