PDA

View Full Version : hp 4100

Fast Response Service
03-11-2008, 12:25 AM
have a hp 4100 in the shop customer brought in, jams an inch or 2 out of the fuser, 13xx error, completes the job you send to it via computer or internal, pcl fonts pages ect... after the last page prints theres always 1 more sheet of paper that feeds through and jams right in the fuser sticks out around an inch or so. tried new oem Maint kit, pca board in the cassette, niew paper feed assy, new reg assy, new reg sensors, engine control board, formatter, cant seem to find the problem?? blew everything out with an air compressor so everything is super clean, removed the foam off the solonoid on the cassette base. I tried feeding a stack of paper through multi-pass and it works fine, no errors, job completes with no blank page afterwards. its only when I use the cassette, even tried another cassette with same results.also have done a cold reset

has anyone else had an issue like this? I would sure like to get this thing off my workbench

Fast Response Service
03-11-2008, 02:13 AM
To ALL that have a 13.6 error and 13.2 error, try seperating the engine from the cassette base and remove the solenoid from the base and clipping off 2 rings from the spring thats attached to the flapper and remove the foam pad and clean it very good with something like laquer thinner or goop off, then re-assemble the extra tension will snapp the flapper back quicker after de-energizing and the result will be proper operation.....NO MORE ERRORS, NO MORE BLANK PAGES AFTER THE JOB IS PRINTER< NO MORE JAMS AN INCH OR SO OUT OF THE FUSER!!!!!!!!