PDA

View Full Version : LaserJet 4345MFP emailing

Chris
03-10-2008, 03:12 AM
This one is weird. Got a 4345 MFP. When docs scanned for email, a default Subject line is displayed. When that default is altered, an error message appears that a non-standard email address has been entered. Going back to the display, the now non-default Subject line has a character box just after the last character in the line, as if it were looking for the "@" symbol.

But this is the Subject line, and should not look for ANYthing. It should simply be a text string, transmitted as entered. Right?

I cannot find anything in the settings, when acessing the printer via a browser by its IP address wherein I can set, modify, or otherwise affect the default Subject line.

Anyone..??

Note: if the default Subject line is accepted, the doc is emailed w/o difficulty.

cs_steve
03-10-2008, 07:04 PM
HP's User's Manual says you can change the Default Subject when you access the Web server: go under the "Digital Sending" tab, look for the "Send to E-mail" page. This page is where you can specify the default subject as well as other settings.

Chris
03-11-2008, 03:39 AM
Thanks for the reply. I looked right at that probably three times and did not see it. Just deleted the default message, about to walk across the camp and see what we've got. Fingers are crossed....

Chris
03-11-2008, 04:14 AM
Bingo..! Still have no idea why the s/ware was looking for an email address in the subject line, but it don't matter no mo... Thanks for the help.