PDA

View Full Version : HP CLJ 5550DTN Toner Spotting

T-DOT
03-06-2008, 08:34 AM
I have a HP Color Laser Jet 5550 DTN printer with about 24,000 prints since new. It is leaving spots of toner all over the front and back of the prints...some consistent spotting and some inconsistant. I printed a DEMO sheet (fruit basket picture) and it looks ok from a distance but up close it is blotchy and has a scaley, rough feel to it. It also is leaving a toner image on the paper off to the extreme right side. I have replaced the fuser and image transfer unit from known good unit we have and it did not help. I attached some photos of the issue. If you look at the last one you can see that the top left "HP" image is reappearing at the top right of the photo. When I put the known good fuser back in the known working printer and did a test print, the first half was dirty and then it cleared up on the second half of the print. It seems like the issue is before the fuser, like something is allowing to much toner or not properly attaching toner to the paper??? If anyone has any ideas it would help me a bunch. :)Thanks in adavance.

T-DOT

cs_steve
03-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Since you've tried a different fuser and transfer kit, next thing would be the toner cartridges...swap those from a known working machine...

raz
03-10-2008, 09:29 PM
right ,or disable the cartridge check in the diagnostic menu and remove the cartridges one at a time and try.if you open the cartridge shutters and look in on the drum area ,is there any toner in around there?