PDA

View Full Version : HP lj 400n 13.2 error

Fast Response Service
02-16-2008, 12:18 AM
I have a customer that has a hp lj 4000n, and it keeps getting a 13.2 error, installed a maint kit same thing, installed a size detection pca, same thing, installed a reg assy, same thing, I now have ordered a new paper feed assy thinking with 3/4 of a mil clicks the clutch is slipping causing a timing error.... I also checked all sensors and flags, check ok........any thoughts?

woodss
02-17-2008, 01:05 AM
check for torn paper between the cassette, registration assembly and paper feed rollers.

it might be torn paper on the sensor, place intense light around those areas but put the toner cartridge into a box.

examine the area between paper feed rollers, sensor and registration assembly. carefully with a led light.

its no timing errors because thats controlled by the engine controller board.

there is piece of torn paper that is causing the problem, take off tray 1 assembly and examine the feed rollers and sensor the sensors are telling the engine controller board that there is a jam and thats the prinicpal reason for the error.

redcow
02-18-2008, 12:22 AM
Does he get the error on power up or after printing a couple of sheets?

If it occurs on power up....pull the tray 1 assembly. You should see a spring loaded flag right before the registration assembly. Aim some canned air at it, and gently move it with your finger. Chances are it's jammed.

Fast Response Service
02-18-2008, 02:09 AM
No I dont think its a piece of paper in any of the sensors, I have disassembled tray 1 and have blown all sensors out very good with compressed air?? will go back and triple check everything again

Fast Response Service
02-18-2008, 02:23 AM
No the printer comes up ready and you can print jobs to it, it just randomly gives up this error, usually after a lengthy job is started to print say after about 25 pages have printed sometimes after ony 12 sheets have printed ect....

MichaelTech
02-19-2008, 09:51 AM
The problem is with the spring. It is slow to return the flag, and a big job will cause this. The feed assy. slips, and again can cause this error.
Always replace the feed, and the reg assy. together. Also check for a sticky flag in the exit area.

Fast Response Service
02-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Thanks Mike I will try putting another wrap on the spring to tighten it up Im now waiting for the paper feed assy to arrive

woodss
02-25-2008, 06:49 AM
well if your game enough replace the sensors and that requires taking out the DC controller to access it and its sandwiched between the engine and paper tray assemblies you can seporate these main assemblies.

Fast Response Service
02-25-2008, 08:24 PM
Yes I know, Ive split a few before, not what I consider a FUN task! but yes I know thats what I should really do.............ARGH! why cant HP make it easier! ARGH!

Fast Response Service
03-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Turns out the cassette size stop at the back of the paper stack popped out of the locked position just enough for the stack to shift back randomly telling the printer is was a different size during a print job, Locked it back into position and it works fine! Go Figure!

MichaelTech
03-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Ha! It's always the least un-noticed thing that hangs us up!
"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMSCosmics 1984