PDA

View Full Version : Paper feed is unreliable.

adam kadmon
01-30-2008, 02:54 AM
Hi, My name is Adam, and I have an HP DeskJet 895 Cse, inkjet printer, out of warranty, and the paper feed gets stuck just after it starts to pick up a single sheet. The manual suggests that a lighter stock might help, but even when I used the lightest weight recommended, it still is the same but less so. Can anyone help? Thank you, ak

redcow
01-31-2008, 12:25 AM
Sounds like bad feed rollers. Try and clean the rollers with a slightly damp lint free cloth. It is a very old printer. Even if you could find someone to fix it, it won't be cost justifiable, even if you could get the parts.

adam kadmon
02-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Hi Redcow, I will follow your suggestions, and expect a new printer is my future. Best, ak

adam kadmon
02-05-2008, 11:17 AM
Hi Redcow, Thank you very much for your help, paper feed works like new. If I may further prevail upon your patience...when I had the feed problem..printer thought it was out of paper..when I pushed a sheet into it...it would print out a mix of undecipherable characters..continuously, wasting paper..I could not cancel job... can I do something about that? Thank you, ak

redcow
02-06-2008, 01:03 AM
Might I assume that it prints OK now?
Could be the drivers got hosed.

If it's still printing garbage, delete the printer and then reinstall it.