PDA

View Full Version : HP Laserjet 4000TN - extra blank page

gowestover
01-25-2008, 11:44 AM
Hello,

I have a user that has an older LJ4000TN that is feeding an extra page at the end of print jobs. It doesn't always do this, but usually. What happens is, you'll print a job, and then when you go to print the next job, blank page will spit out first and then print the job.

I did replace the paper feed rollers but they weren't that worn, and it still did it after that anyway. After printing a job, I opened the printer and observed that a blank page was sitting up in the printer, with the lead edge about 4" past the fuser, so it's not really causing a jam, and you don't see it starting to exit to the output bin yet.

Is this a problem with solenoids that turn the D-Rollers not working\stopping properly? If so, would they be in the "RG5-2653-020CN - Print Drive gear assy."?

cs_steve
01-25-2008, 11:04 PM
Did you check the paper size settings in the tray?

redcow
01-26-2008, 01:38 AM
Do a 'paper path test', 10 sheets. See if any blank sheets came out.
Are you sure you arn't spitting out a 'separator' page?

gowestover
01-29-2008, 04:10 PM
The printer is correctly listing the size in the drawer. Regarding the printer paper path test, I tried that and there were no blank pages during the test.

I did have the user check the separator page tab and nothing was checked.

redcow
01-31-2008, 12:31 AM
The printer normally prints what it is told to print. Can anyone else print to the 4000? and, do they have the same problem?
Why don't you delete the printer and reinstall it again to eliminate the drivers being corrupted.