PDA

View Full Version : Lj2200dt

RickPreston
01-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Hi all. New here. I have 2 LJ2200DT printers with the same problem. Both will print high quality test pages from the front panel but will ghost images at 75mm when printing from a document. 75mm is usually a fuser issue but why would they print fine from the front panel? The service manual says to check the fuser mode but doesn't say how to do it. The customer has tried using different print media settings (paper types, etc) with some working better than others but never fully getting rid of the ghosting. It's seems worst when you first power it on and sucessive prints get better but again it doesn't go away entirely or it will sometimes vary from page to page in a document. You can print a test page from the front panel at any time with no print quality issues. Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks

redcow
01-10-2008, 12:05 AM
Is it the same from the MFT and tray 2?

How about if you print from your laptop?
Have you considered the problem being the PCs that are being used?

MichaelTech
01-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Network? USB? Parallel? If NIC, it may be the problem. Swap it.

raz
01-11-2008, 12:19 AM
have you tried any different drivers?

RickPreston
01-11-2008, 10:55 AM
Thanks all for responding. They're using parallel. I tried printing from my laptop using a different cable and using both the PCL and postscript drivers with the same results. Still works great from the front panel...

redcow
01-13-2008, 12:30 AM
formatter!

affordablelaser
01-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Yes it could be the formatter that is overriding the command from the computers, but more often it is a paper setting from the computer. A good rule of thumb is if the print is fine from the control panel, usually you are dealing with an issue outside of the machine.