PDA

View Full Version : Xerox WorkCentre M940 driver

DaveDanger
01-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Following the failure of my HP960c (previous post), I began installing a Xerox M940 to my computer so I could continue my office work. Perfectly good printer that my Mom passed down to me when she upgraded recently, but I no longer have the driver CD which came with it.

I've gone online to a variety of driver download sites that do provide a driver that I've attempted to install. Doesn't matter where I get the driver download from, at some point during the install, it prompts me to insert the driver CD and won't go beyond that point of the install.

I don't know if it's an ownership verification step, or actually has to get some information from that CD, but it's killing my install attempts.

Anyone have any suggestions?

(Edited) A friend suggested that I burn the downloaded driver to a CD and try to install it from there. It allows me to perform a "minimal" install that way, but the full "Typical" install still doesn't recognize the CD that it's looking for.

skippy1126
01-09-2008, 09:30 AM
My guess is that you really don't need the CD, it just cant find a certian file on you system that it is looking for. I have seen this happen before. What I have done, is do a file search on your system for the file that it is asking you to out in the cd for, and then browse your driver instalation to that file on your system, and continue on with the driver install.