PDA

View Full Version : HP 960c cartridge problem

DaveDanger
01-08-2008, 09:19 AM
The low (black) ink indicator light began blinking on my HP960c a few days ago. I finished printing a few invoices I had to get out immediately (with no difficulties or fading) then opened the printer and installed a fresh Cartridge WorldŽ refill. Have used these for several years now with no difficulty.

The blinking light will not go out, nor will the printer attempt to do anything when a print command is sent. The cartridges travel back to their stowed position when the door is opened, and they return to the center for access when the door is opened, but nothing else happens.

I even reinstalled the cartridge that I was using when the light began blinking (which still worked till I removed it), no luck. I refilled that cartridge myself, reinstalled it, no luck. Went to Cartridge World and swapped their fresh refill for another one, no luck.

Per suggestions from another site, I've tried a variety of button presses in different sequences to reset the printer and force it to initialize, with no luck. I've powered it off and on with the power cord, holding different buttons, supposedly clearing the printer memory, with no success.
I'm out of ideas.