PDA

View Full Version : Magenta not printing good on Epson R300

LA1
01-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Ihave an Epson r300 that I have had for about 6 years. I refill my own carts and have used close to a pint of ink in each color. All of a sudden the magenta is not print good. The nozzle print has missing lines. What is weird is all of the lines have printed just not all at the same time. I tried the cleaning kit from fixyourownprinter.com. I even removed the print head and cleaned. Some one on another forum suggested I might try Ammonia. I am a pc tech and I am familliar with laser jets just not too familliar withink jets. So do print heads go bad ? can they be intermittent ? If I replace my print head, where do i get the program to input the ID AND ADJUST THE PRINTHEAD. First I am going to try a brand new ink cart, this refillable one might be clogged of deffective.
________
sell vaporizers (http://vaporizeraffiliateprogram.com)

redcow
01-10-2008, 12:20 AM
You cannot continuously keep refilling cartridges. The heads do go bad. At some point you will have to buy a cartridge and see if that fixes your problem.

contink
04-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Worth bearing in mind that the problem is usually not the printhead either...

Ink ages too... In the R300 the Cyan is (for many manufacturers) particularly prone to sort of clogging that creates a very odd output pattern. Usually after about 18 months.. You may be seeing something similar with your Magenta.

I'd recommend buying a new cartridge (doesn't need to be OEM) with a good quality ink in it and try that... If it's still clogged, try using an ammonia based cleaning solution (nifty-stuff forums have a lot of discussion on the best place to get it depending on where you are in the world).. If you soak a pad in the solution and then move your head over it so the solution can wick up into the printhead nozzles for a few hours... Be patience (it's vital) and then try again.. repeat as required until you get your printer up and running again.

In fairness though... Keeping an R300 going for 6 years is pretty damned good so you can't complain too much... It's done well!