PDA

View Full Version : HP Laserjet 8150-Address Label Printing issue

GButler
01-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Hi everyone:

I am having a problem with some labels that I bought. When I print them out, i noticed that they were spotty and smudged at times, but I thought they needed the opportunity to dry. So, I waited a couple of days to allow them to sit. After a couple of days, I began to put the address labels onto my post cards. However, my mailroom returned all of my post cards because the addresses on them were rubbing off, smudging, etc.

does anyone know why this happened? Does it sound like the printer needs maintenance? If I take a sharp knife (i.e. swiss) I am able to scrape off the letters very easily...but on other printers in my office, this does not happen. Any guesses on the cause? Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

-G

LA1
01-04-2008, 09:44 AM
How does it print on paper, does it smug ? if it still does sounds like a fuser issue ( this is a laser jet ? ). You need to get laser jet approved labels. If not they will come off in the printer and really cause trouble.

GButler
01-07-2008, 07:21 AM
Hi LA1, it really doesn't smudge that bad...and I would expect some smudging after printing...I did use laser labels in it as well...but is just seems odd that after printing and letting it sit, that I can easily scrape off the lettering from the page. I tried printing these labels on another 8150 (which had recently been serviced) and it printed fine...smudge just a bit with my finger but the letters did not scrape off that easily at all...I am very confused on what the problem may be...any thoughts?

redcow
01-10-2008, 12:15 AM
I hope that you are using the MFT for loading and printing the labels.
I believe you have to set the MFT to 'labels'. That tells the printer to adjust the fuser temperature. Print a 'menu map' on this printer and on the printer that prints labels correctly. Compare the settings.

affordablelaser
01-15-2008, 04:23 PM
As the post before me states, there needs to be the correct setting for paper in the tray where the labels are feeding from, usually, the computer overrides this. Meaning that they need to coincide, cpu telling printer cardstock or labels, and the printer pulling from a tray that is set to labels. This will boost up the temp on the fuser, making the print fully fuse to the labels. If it were the fuser it would probably show up with every print, no matter what tray or setting.