PDA

View Full Version : HP 3745 Deskjet Printing Problems

sunshinekhan
12-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Dear All,

We have are facing a problem that seemingly has hardly any workable solutions on the net and with HP. There are a large number of HP 3745 Deskjet printers at our work place.

The problem is that a user is only able to print any document when logged in as Administrator, but the printer returns only a blank page when a non-admin user gives a print command.

All the drivers are in place and the hardware including the cartridges are proper.

We run Windows Xp Home on an NTFS partition with Norton 2007 as the antivirus. I tried giving the non-admin users full rights to C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool and C:\Program Files\HP by logging in as Admin in Safe Mode. This seem to have temporarily solved the problem, but the problems resurfaced though all the permissions seem to be in place.

I tried turning OFF print spooling* at the administrator account after some online reference, however the limited account still cannot print. I see the print file go through the at printer status but no print, only a blank page rolls out.

I even tried clean re-installing the printer drivers a dozen times, but to no avail!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd gladly make myself available for any other info.

Regards,
MFK.