PDA

View Full Version : I hate my printer.

ejtilton
12-03-2007, 02:29 AM
HP C5180 All-in-one

I hate my printer. I wasted almost $200 + extra ink and lots of my time. I shelled out the extra $ in favor of a specialized photo printer in hopes that I could print high-quality photos and professional looking documents.

I noticed it didn't work the way I thought it should the first time I used it. I figured I could just tinker with the settings, get some technical assistance... its a new printer...it should work just fine? RIGHT???
Months later I have still never been able to get it to do ANYTHING right and its too late to return it to the store.

The color photos come out very yellow and washed-out looking. My much older and simpler printer produced superior photos. Who knew?
It also refuses to print on envelopes and just about anything else I want to use it for. I have never been happy with anything that has come out of it, assuming the stupid machine even agrees to print.

I tried to get technical support but I can't understand the technicians and they can't understand me too well either. I keep asking to speak with someone whose first language is english, and then they just transfer me back to the menu. I am SO FED UP

I don't understand why I can't return it to the manufacturer if it DOESNT WORK!!!!! I just can't seem to contact anyone who knows how to help.

Any advice?

MichaelTech
12-03-2007, 10:36 AM
AIO's have always been trouble. I work on them if parts are available, if not, big blue bin! I think it is better to have separate devices that are not dependant on one small thing going bad and affecting everything.
When calling HP for tech support {ha!} be sure to ask for a case # right off.
Also, tell them not to route you out of the U.S.
Patience. {I know, it aint easy!}
Were the extra inks HP? If 3rd party, no guarentees!.