PDA

View Full Version : LaserJet 4+ does not feed through fuser

Dolm
11-21-2007, 01:51 PM
I have a LaserJet 4+ that won't feed through the fuser. I first checked the exit rollers in the back, they operate smoothly and look ok. I pulled the fuser assembly out and it rolls, although i can see a "divot" spot on it and it has typical wear on the ends. Paper jams at the entry point on the fuser 100% of the time. There is no remnants or debris that I can find, though I havn't disassebled the fuser. I know it's powered, it does get hot. The paper doesnt get the "accordian" jam like I see mentioned a lot, it just sort of rolls up the leading 1/4 to 1/3 of the sheet and the whole page gets printed, just not fused.

Is there a switch/sensor somewhere that activates it when a sheet comes through? Would it be worth the effort to disassemble the fuser and look inside?

ptjeff1
11-21-2007, 02:23 PM
Probably broken teeth on the main gear drive assembly, RG5-0876. This is very common.

Dolm
11-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the direction.. Are there any guides/pics out there to show me how to get at and/or replace the parts?

Dolm
11-21-2007, 02:40 PM
On closer looking, I think I found it. Facing the front of the chasis, I can see the main gear assembly, just behind and above there's a beige gear, I'm assuming the fuser gear, that's missing teeth.

Yup.. I Pulled the fuser back out and rolled the gear on the assembly, it's the last one that's beige and articulates up/down, it has 1/3 of the teeth broken off. Thanks for the part#.. atleast I know I can bring it back to life for about $40

Dolm
12-05-2007, 12:00 PM
I got the main drive assembly replaced and it now feeds into the fuser, comes out the back of it about 1/4 page and stops with a jam, with no wrinkling or folding. the sheet doesnt get as far as the exit rollers.. any ideas?

Strider
12-10-2007, 02:54 PM
The jam switch actuator in your fuser is probably jammed in the wrong position.If I remember right you can just reach in from the back and loosen it up.