PDA

View Full Version : l7680 clogged

dmorrison
11-16-2007, 08:17 AM
A customer brought in an OfficeJet I7680 that will not print black. He is using "compatible" ink for an OfficeJet K550. Not sure if that could be the problem or not... This inkjet uses tubes much like a DesignJet. Is there a way to prime/purge them? Any suggestions whatsoever?

contink
04-11-2008, 06:39 PM
A customer brought in an OfficeJet I7680 that will not print black. He is using "compatible" ink for an OfficeJet K550. Not sure if that could be the problem or not... This inkjet uses tubes much like a DesignJet. Is there a way to prime/purge them? Any suggestions whatsoever?

Speaking from bitter experience the usual problem with the printers that use the HP88 printhead.. If you use non-OEM cartridges you have to be seriously careful that you have absolutely NO air in the catridge before you start.

Many of the refillable and CIS cartridges side-step the rubber bulb in the OEM cartridge design which is a major flaw as this bulb is used by the printer (it uses it to pump ink into the printer!) to help it detect when the cartridge is running low or there's air in the system.

Once the air gets in, you're basically fubar.

My strong advice would be to take a good look out there for CIS kits or cartridges that use reconditioned OEM carts or consider just going with the XL (high capacity) OEM cartridges right from the beginning. With printheads at £30+ you just don't want to save on ink and pay out for printheads all the time instead.

Hope that helps... and sorry it's cr*p news...

Martin