PDA

View Full Version : Canon mini 260 photo printer

Prudent
11-07-2007, 12:49 AM
Hi, I am looking for an occasional use compact printer. I presently have the Canon ip 4300 printer for the occasional photo for when I am at home. I am looking at Christmas and travel to a remote area to see my family in northern canada and would like to print them and will be some distance from a processor.

I called Canon and they recommended not to buy a Selphy as the film is in 36 pics along with the paper and if I only print 10 , I will likely lose 3 -4 pics and have paper leftover.
They suggested this mini 360 with the CLI ink cartridge and to clean it with rubbing alcohol when I quit using the cartridge and then when I use it again to run a Test.

I would appreciate comments by experienced users. BTW with the 360 Canon said that I could use matte, Canon paper or Ilford and get great results.
I only want this compact for occasional use and yet have decent quality.
The camera shops that I deal with say it is a great printer and have had no complaints after it was introduced in January of this year, where they have had customers return their Selphys...the 740 and ES1 b/c of loss of pics when used only occasionally and a lot of useless paper left on the roll and as well the paper is perforated and the end pic is not 4x6 and so does not fit properly into a small frame.

All comments welcomed.
I should say I go and get my pics done by a processor and only use the canon ip 4300 for home use to stick a pic in birthday card etc. and I visit my family up north often and a compact printer would be great. This one is $100

Thankyou.