PDA

View Full Version : HELP with Lexmark z1300!!

ppan1973
11-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Have 30-day-old Lexmark z1300. Installed from CD, printed some stuff. All was well, then it just stopped printing. By "stopped printing," I mean it still spools and I see it spooling but no printing.Here's what I've done thus far to no avail:
1) Reinstalled driver from Lexmark site
2) Uninstalled Lexmark, reinstalled in different USB port
3) Threw a coffee mug

None of these things have worked.
Please help

redcow
11-06-2007, 10:41 AM
If it's 30 days young, it's probably still under warranty.
Call Lexmark and have them come up with something.

Does it print a test page?

ppan1973
11-07-2007, 04:29 AM
Here is the chat transcript from Lexmark . . .

[Kevin Johnston] I just bought my Z1300 a month ago, and it doesn't print anymore. The document(s) look like they are being spooled, but nothing happens.
[Romeo] Welcome to Lexmark Chat Support.
[Kevin Johnston] hi
[Romeo] Hi Kevin, I will help you with this issue.
[Kevin Johnston] Hello?
[Romeo] Please let me know the Operating System (Windows 2000, XP, Vista or Mac) installed on your computer.
[Kevin Johnston] Windows XP
[Romeo] Please let me know if the page feeds in.
[Kevin Johnston] I don't think it is
[Romeo] Please let me know if you get any error message.
[Kevin Johnston] No error message
[Romeo] Please click on "Start" "Programs" and let me know if Lexmark series printer is listed there.
[Kevin Johnston] Yes
[Romeo] Please click on "Start" "Control panel" "Printers" and let me know what you see there.
[Kevin Johnston] My Kodak Easyshare printer dock and Lexmark 1300 Series and it has a check by it
[Romeo] I suggest that you try to print a Windows Test Page to check if communication exists between the computer and the printer.
Please follow the steps given below:
1. Click on "Start," "Control Panel," and "Printer and Faxes" (or) "Start," "Settings," and "Printers" depending on your OS.
2. Right click on the Lexmark printer icon and select "Properties."
3. Click on the "Print Test Page" button.
[Kevin Johnston] No, nothing printed and it said test page failed to print and if I'd like to view the print troubleshooter, which i already tried and it did not help.
[Romeo] Please click on "Start" "Programs" "Lexmark series printer" and click on "Uninstall".
[Kevin Johnston] Do i continue with uninstall?
[Romeo] No.
[Romeo] Sorry. Yes click on Uninstall.
[Kevin Johnston] Ok
[Romeo] Please let me know once it is done.
[Kevin Johnston] OK
[Kevin Johnston] Do I reboot as well?
[Romeo] Yes and then reintall the drivers from http://downloads.lexmark.com:/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi?ccs=229:1:0:584:0:0&emeaframe=&fileID=11555&searchLang=en&searchLang=en&os_group=WinXP
[Kevin Johnston] OK, if that doesn't work do I come back here?
[Romeo] Sure, but it will work however.

Did all this and it still did not work?
Any ideas?

redcow
11-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Keep those notes for the trial.

Is it still under warranty?
If you unplug the printer with the system up do you get a warning message that you lost connection with the printer?
Have you tried a different USB cable?
Hate to say it but, call Romeo back.

ppan1973
11-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the help thus far. I am putting off calling Lexmark as it took a horrendous amount of my time. When I unplug the printer USB from the computer, I get a USB detachment sound from the speakers but no pop-up messages or anything about the printer. I went to Wal-Mart and bought a brand new printer so I could see if it was that or someting with the computer. New printer acted in exact same way. So, returned that and got money back, but still have original printer that is still not printing. Does anyone know anything about Windows XP configuration that could be affecting this? I will stop harrassing this forum and go about my way. Just thought someone might now something.
Thanks for all the help,
Kevin and Ashley

redcow
11-08-2007, 01:25 AM
Did you try a new USB cable?

ppan1973
11-14-2007, 07:30 PM
Yeah, so tried that -- no luck. When I attach the USB to the printer, it says it found new hardware and identifies the printer. Then, a couple seconds later, it says problem installing hardware and cannot print a test page.
So, new USB did not work. New printer did not work. What the heck in my computer is causing this????