PDA

View Full Version : LJ 5N Feed Problem

Carl Sawyer
10-30-2007, 11:36 AM
A friend recently gave me three HP 5N printers, all with additional paper tray. All three have the same feed problem. When it tries to feed a sheet of paper it fails and I get "REMOVE PAPER JAM". No paper is jammed. This happens when feeding from bottom, middle, or manual feed tray.

I've looked at the maintenance kits and instructions for this printer. Do I need full kit or is there a part or even a cleaning/maintenance procedure that might fix this problem?

These printers came from a CPA who is downsizing his practice. He bought them 2-3 years ago and they all worked then but they have not been used since. I have no idea when/if internal parts have been replaced but I believe they had regular maintenance when they were in production. THese are great workhorse printers and I would love to use them - is it worth the trouble?

TIA for any and all advice. This looks like a great site; I'm glad I found it.

raz
10-30-2007, 12:17 PM
if it don't work from any tray and no paper is in the path ,i would say it could be an issue with the paper feed assembly(RG5-2195-000CN),or something on it,like the paper pickup motor(RH7-1197-000CN),that involves all the trays.the paper pickup assembly is like a replaceable module that controls the input from all the sources.

maybe an issue with the paper control PCA (RG5-0512-070CN),or the dc controller.