PDA

View Full Version : HP LJ 5100tn problem

Praveen
10-20-2007, 05:58 AM
Hi all,

i m facing problem with the HP LJ 5100TN after you give print command printer shows Data Receiving and get hang after few sec. if i cancel the job it shows reddy, if you fired print again its shows the same, proccesing the job and gos on data receiving after in its shows reddy & data receiving, i have cleanup NV Ram, Clod reset the printer then i have swap Formatter board & Jet card from old printer but the problem is still there, is the problem with formatter or any thing .......? can you help me out in this.

thank......Praveen

raz
10-20-2007, 12:37 PM
could be a cable issue,did you try another?you could unplug the cable and maybe the jet direct and plug directly into a wall socket if there is anything in between and try a configuration page and engine test from the printer to see if the printer itself is working properly.if you print a configuration page with the nic in and the nic is working,it should print a second jet direct page and show the status of the card.there should be at least one led on at the connection to the network card(right at the RJ45 connection),that shows link speed and connectivity.
if you hook directly via a parallel cable to an lpt1 port and open a dos prompt and type:dir>lpt1,or dir>>lpt1;then enter,it should print a directory list while bypassing the driver and OS and print directly to the port.

if you go to the driver /properties tab and print a test page ,does it work ?this would test driver communication functionality.

otherwise you could go to the driver/advanced tab and select,print directly to the printer and apply it;this will bypass the spooler.

or maybe stop and restart the spooler;dos prompt/type:services.msc click ok. scroll down the list to printer spooler and right click it the stop/or start.

these are a few ways to test various aspects and maybe help narrow things down.

Praveen
10-22-2007, 04:06 AM
hi.....

Thanks a lot rez i have traied with the deffrent cable add defrent RJ45 port but it still the same, 1 thing i will have tell u that i have setup anther 5100 printer on same port & dat allso give me the same problem, but since today morning printer is working on the same port with the same old printer cable problem must be with the network or network fire wall but since morning printer is working fine & more than 400 user are using the printer,still i have keept the new formatter board with new 620N Jet card bcoz currenty printer is working with 615N Jet Card, if i face the problem again.

thanks ones again