PDA

View Full Version : 4p....The strangest Problem?

Hans
05-28-2004, 05:49 PM
First of all....I have had limited experience working with laser printers and have only worked with and serviced about 8 different HP laserjets (in tech school).

Anyway it is a printer I got for very cheap at a yard sale down the street. It was working great for about 2 months then a week ago it started to have some problems.

The printer prints out a pcl demo page along with the fonts page fine.

Just when you try to print anything in windows 2000 (on my only home system at the time) it does it, but it prints out all the pages on one. so if you were to print off a 5 page document, all 5 pages of text will be overlayed.

Another Note,

The print jobs take a long while (60+ seconds) in order to spool as well to the printer.

What I have done:

- Tried 2 different HP drivers in addition to win2k driver.
- Switched Cables
- Screwed with the driver options as well as the software on the printer.
- changed bios settings
- "USB - Parallel" adapter cable - Not working

Does this seem like some sort of defective onboard memory?

oh and also,
The page count is in the 57,000 area and I know it is getting there, but this printer is in MINT condition inside and out. When it was printing it all worked well. I never had any trouble with paper jams. The toner is used but still works nice and the drum is flawless.

ptjeff1
05-29-2004, 01:42 PM
It was working great for about 2 months then a week ago it started to have some problems.
Did you make any changes to the computer at the time the problems started to occur?

Do you have a different computer you can test the printer from?

"USB - Parallel" adapter cable - Not workingDo you use a parallel cable?

If possible I would try to hook the printer up to a different computer to determine if the problem is in the printer or the computer.