PDA

View Full Version : simple problem

Lois
10-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Hi..

I have a HP LJ 1000 and it will not print after AOL went on the blink.. I tried all the solutions suggested by the automated system . It says the printer is off line ..what to do ?

raz
10-18-2007, 09:16 PM
make sure the printer is not paused,or perhaps try to stop and restart the spooler,or try to bypass it by going to the driver/advanced tabs and select ,"print directly to the printer",and apply it and see what happens. try to cold reset the printer,or if you are connected to an external print server via usb,try the reset switch on the print server.maybe try to remove and reinstall any drivers.
just batting a couple golf balls here.

Lois
10-18-2007, 10:10 PM
I was able to print a wordpad but not a word doc.

I am not sure how to do a spooler etc.

I tried to download the software again.

I turned everything on and off .

raz
10-18-2007, 10:53 PM
what exactly happened when AOL went on the blink?

if you go on the driver and select" print directly to the printer",it should disable the spooler.and on the same tab,if you go back to "spool print documents so program finishes faster",it should restart it.
a couple other ways to do this is:open a dos command prompt and type:net spooler stop press enter.
just like you can type :net spooler start and press enter to restart it.otherwise you can open a dos command prompt and type:services.msc and click ok.when the services list pops up,scroll to printer spooler and right click it.the option is there or there are others under the "properties".