PDA

View Full Version : hp1022n just printing lines

mowel
10-17-2007, 03:40 AM
Hello

I have again a problem with my HP1022n.

When I print testpages, they are printed very well.
BUT.. when I want to print something else, the printer just prints a vertical dashed line. ( every print the line is on another position, and when i print something in word der is just a small point on the page)

What I have already tried:
Firmwareupdate
reinstall the driver
try a new driver from hp homepage

Some facts about my Printer:
its in my network. I reach it via TCP/IP Port.

Hope you have some tips for me.
mowel

MichaelTech
10-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Built in NIC, or plug in? PCL or PS driver? If internal pages print ok, the the NIC is bad.

raz
10-17-2007, 02:28 PM
sounds like it would be a nic,or a bad cable.i assume you are connected to the embedded network port,otherwise it would have to be an external print server via usb or wireless.if you print a configuration page by pressing go for 5 seconds,it should also print a jet direct/network page with it if the nic is working and it should show an IP address also.you could try to restore the embedded nic back to factory defaults by holding the go and job cancel buttons while turning on the printer and continue to hold them until the printer comes back to ready state.wait a couple minutes and try a configuration / network page again and see if it shows an IP.

can you ping the printer ok?or you could try to ping a loopback test address(127.0.0.1),to test the pc's TCP/IP protocol.

drivers are pretty limited for this printer;like host based,basic,or full featured.but as michael pointed out,this can make a difference.