PDA

View Full Version : HP LaserJet 2420 prints pages twice

nilee
10-16-2007, 11:34 AM
I have a HP LaserJet 2420 with a HP JetDirect J4169A w/ Firmware Version L.25.57. The issue that I having is that the every print job prints twice, even the test pages. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers (PS, PCL5 and PCL6). I deleted the port and recreated it, using both the Standard TCP/IP port as well as the HP JetDirect Port. I've upgraded the firmware for the JetDirect card, but the issue still remains. Any ideas on what I should do next? Maybe the JetDirect Card is bad and needs to be replaced? Is there any diagnostics that I could run to check to see if the card or printer itself is malfunctioning.

Thanks in advance...

raz
10-16-2007, 12:55 PM
what happens if you print an engine test?i believe the engine test button is a blue lever next to and in front of the formatter on the right side of the printer after removing the casing that covers the formatter cage.this test should print one page of lines.if it still prints 2,take off the formatter and try it again with the formatter removed.

if you are using an optional jet direct in the EIO slot,then take it out and try a configuration page directly from the printer with it out.also you could try to remove the network card and try an engine test .i believe the 2420n has an embedded network card also,so i am not certain which you have.

make sure any settings for number of copies in the driver defaults or on the printer are not set for 2 copies.normally,if you print a configuration page from the printer menu,it will give 2 pages;one is the config. page and one is a jet direct page if it is installed.but the 2 pages are different and should not be 2 copies of the same page.

nilee
10-17-2007, 12:16 PM
I printed a configuration page from the printer, and it printed out both pages twice. I guess this would mean that there is something wrong with the printer engine?

nilee
10-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Ok....Figured it out. The printer was configured to print two copies in the menu. Changed it back to 1. Thanks for the assistance.

redcow
10-17-2007, 07:58 PM
Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees.

Raz needed to work on his typing skills!

raz
10-18-2007, 12:05 AM
perhaps if i would have mentioned it at the begginning of the reply instead of the end,i could have saved myself a few keystrokes.:)