PDA

View Full Version : Reseting page count on a LJ2200D?

DavidM
10-04-2007, 12:22 PM
I just installed a maintenance kit on a LJ 2200D printer. The instructions that came with the kit don't say anything about reseting the page count. Does anyone know if there is a way to reset it?

Thanks,
David

raz
10-04-2007, 12:44 PM
as far as i understand it,there is no way to reset a maintenance count or page count on the printer.nor is there an indication when it should be changed;where it has to be estimated or if the components start giving problems ,then you change it.it's possible that there may be some options on hp web jet admin. if it is used.

DavidM
10-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks raz,
The problem is that we only use these smaller printers as stand alone printers for individuals that don't like to get up and walk outside their offices to the networked printers. To be honest with you, I don't feel like getting a jetdirect card and installing it just to look at the settings for those people.
But I do appreciate the feed back!

Thanks,
David

redcow
10-04-2007, 03:01 PM
http://www.feedroller.com/Store/Service%20Manual/LASERJET%202200,%202200DN,%202200DT,%202200DTN%20S ervice%20Manual.pdf

DavidM
10-05-2007, 03:34 PM
So what I'm seeing from this; is that there is no option for 'pages since last maintenance kit', and that the only way to keep track of this would be to reset the total page count each time you installed a maintenance kit? Oh well...

Thanks to all for the feedback,
David

raz
10-05-2007, 06:37 PM
on many printers ,this type of thing can be changed and rather easily accessible from the printer.especially printers with at least a display and a control panel.like accessing service mode(where a maintenance count is often accessed.)otherwise ,usually an embedded web server,hp toolbox or web jet admin would be the place to access printer defaults or other settings that cannot be accessed from the driver or the printer.if directly connected,it does'nt use these options.with this printer,if you have the installation cd and do a custom install,there is an option for a laserjet device configuration utility that has some options like this on it.i have not used it and i am not sure what all is on it.otherwise,you can only access some of these options via PCL escape sequences or PJL commands.and i don't believe a maintenance count is one of them;but i am not 100% sure.this is an older printer and since then,xp has been around.it's possible that there may be some other options with it.