PDA

View Full Version : HP d125xi "scanner failure"

jerbear62
10-03-2007, 11:31 AM
Just bought this used and I have tried the following steps to try and diagnose this problem. If anyone has any ideas please let me know what else I can try? I have the tools to test sensors or electrical devices also. I have not yet pulled the entire machine apart to look at all boards to check for burns and blowouts, sounds like a hardware problem to me. I was able to perform a "scan to" function once when initially hooked up to PC and it worked flawlessly, now it just keeps getting the "scanner failure" error. I am able to print only in black ink while the error is blinking(new cartridges, but not able to align or clean printheads while flashing error, it appears before it finishes tasks). Any suggestions would be a great help.

1: Performed semi and full reset in wall socket and on power bar, multiple times.
2: Used hair dryer on light bulbs while powering on (yes lights are on and it is 70-90 degrees ambient anyways).
3:Removed plastic cover from above mirrors (mirrors appear to be clean, no film noticed on front or rear mirror, not seen any other mirrors)
3: Has new ink cartridges, but will not print color, only black. (dont see how this will affect the scanner problem, probably printer heads are dirty/dried, will soak them after I find scanner error problem), have tried cleaning printheads or aligning them and get error before they can finsh.
Any suggestions?
Thanks for reading

redcow
10-04-2007, 01:08 AM
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00787271&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=64983&rule=15568&lang=en

Printer uses separate cartridges and print heads. Since you bought it used, I would change the print heads with the cartridges. They don't last forever.

Go to hp.com. Click on support. Type in the model printer, and click troubleshooting.