PDA

View Full Version : HP Laserjet 5SI

SpencerMike
09-28-2007, 01:13 PM
I have an issue, hopefully someone can shed some light on. I have a HP Laserject 5SI that started printing crooked. No streaks or such, just crooked. Paper tray has been replaced, along with rollers without success.

Error log shows error 13.01.03 and paper count is at 8291.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advanced.

raz
09-28-2007, 09:06 PM
where is the leading edge of paper when it jams?normally the registration is responsible for correcting page skew,although if a roller is pulling or slipping too much it can cause this,like maybe in the feed assembly or the fuser area.

SpencerMike
10-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Printer does not jam. I know the error message shows a jam, but that was awhile ago, it looks to go through straight until hitting the toner cartridge. Scratches me head.....

raz
10-02-2007, 10:42 AM
it could be a problem with the cartridge,but it does'nt take much for a page to be out of alignment.even if it looks straight comming out of the registration,if it is putting too much pressure on one side of the page ,it can cause the cartridge/transfer roller area to pull awkwardly.when you do a half stop test ,(stopping a print when the trailing edge of the page is entering the printer,and pulling out the cartridge and seeing what the print on the portion of the page that has already gone under the cartridge looks like),if it is crooked right there,i would think it would be either the cartridge or registration.where , at that same point ,if you open the cartridge drum and look at the print that is already on the cartridge drum,it would be straight.did you try cleaning the registration rollers or try a different cartridge?

redcow
10-03-2007, 12:45 AM
Hey come on RAZ, we know that you like type, but if the print on the page is skewed...do you really think that it gets put on the page straight then gets skewed going thru the fuser. What's a 'half stop test' going to show.
If the o/p is skewed it has to be that way at the cartridge. The cartridge doesn't skew, it's locked in place. The paper has to be skewing.

raz
10-03-2007, 01:31 AM
right ,i see what you mean.i know that i have a habit of overkill sometimes.i don't think it is so much that i like to type as much as it is i have a habit of over anyalyzing or over thinking.looking back at my post,i think i was considering the possibility that the cartridge drum itself could be slightly out of alignment and when the scanner "wrote" to the drum ,it was being put on crooked.not all cartridges have the same drum circumference(especially some remman's) and odd issues can occur.i also consider the possibility that if someone says it is crooked or skewed,it may be just wavy and not the usual known way some may see it as being crooked or skewed and can be caused by a fuser if it is sticking or pulling or not heating properly.i believe that another thing i was thinking is that if the poster does this test it can perhaps clarify the situation since the poster said that the paper appeared straight when it was entering the cartridge.also ,it may not be the cartridge if the charge on the transfer roller is pulling the toner offset or if even though the page appears to be straight going in,it may not be visibly noticable ,but could still be off skewed by the registration before going in,depending on how much it is crooked or off skewed;it may be only slightly.i have also seen some more rare cases where a corrupted print stream,a driver/application conflict or a bad formatter/firmware have caused a similar issue or was suspected.most of these things are not likely,but possible.often, i will ask a poster to attach a pic of the print just to see,but i have been slacking on that lately;see what i mean by , over analyzing or over thinking? :)

dbateman5@verizon.net
09-22-2008, 07:45 PM
I have the same problem

anyone have a fix

prntrfxr
09-23-2008, 09:37 AM
1. check transfer roller asm. has it come out on one side. (if asm is not locked down correctly it will obstruct path) - Remove & Reinstall

2. Take out tray 1 asm (leave cable plugged into dc controller, but do NOT let hanging cable make contact with metal frame while printer is on) and run tests from tray 2 or 3. Leave right side cover on and you can watch the paper go into the machine to see if its going in straight from the PIU. (reason: there may be obstruction in 2nd pass area causing paper to feed crooked) - if it pulls crooked replace the PIU - RG5-1852

3. change the cartridge (if drum is not turning properly or obstruction on one side of the cartridge it will cause paper to feed crooked) - bad cartridge then replace it.

4. change registration asm (probably bad clutch on it as the page count is so low) - RG5-1833

Very low page count for a 5SI. very unusual as that printer's been out for a while.

hope this helps.