PDA

View Full Version : HP 4345MFP holding print jobs

MikeWire
09-18-2007, 11:11 AM
Hi all - I have a 4345MFP on our network which will not print until the 'Menu' button is pressed. I have this set up shared through a server and also have a local TCP/IP port setup and it does the same thing. The problem started occurring a couple of months ago, with no obvious reason or settings change. I can see the job go to the queue and leave, but nothing prints until I press the 'Menu' button...strange and stumped here. I can post my config if that would help. Thanks, hope there is an easy answer?

MichaelTech
09-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Could be someone made a change in the driver for MP Tray First. Check the control panel also for this. If it is a secure job, you will always have to do that. MFP's work that way. Check the digital sending set-up too.

raz
09-21-2007, 02:52 PM
sometimes if the driver settings are different for the type and /or size media that the printer tray guides or printer settings,then that which is called for in the application,then it will pause ,waiting for the proper type/size to be put in.usually the control panel will say something to this effect.or maybe manual feed if tray one is configured to "first",where it will try to pull from tray one first and manual feed is on.